Good wine and good company have always paired well with good food. Many of Concannon fans have shared with us their tasty recipes and in return we share our wine. Have a look and try it for yourself. Feel free to post these pictures on Facebook.com/ConcannonVineyard.
Click for Family Recipes.
Click for Melting Pot Recipes that pair nicely with Petite Sirah.
Featured Recipe: 4 Ways Cabernet Filet Mignon
Makes 4 servings
• 4 5 oz. filet mignons
• 1 large onion sliced
• 2 cloves, minced garlic
• A pinch of sugar
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 4 tbsp. butter
• 3 tbsp. lemon juice (one for the marinade, 2 for the sautéed mushrooms)
• 2 bottles of Concannon Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
• In one (or more if needed) large, plastic, sealable bag, place filets and add at least
1 cup Cabernet Sauvignon, minced garlic, 1 tbsp. lemon juice, ¼ tspn. salt and
pepper, and a pinch of sugar. Shake well. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
• Take out filets from fridge to let warm back up to room temperature. While waiting,
sauté the onions.
• Melt butter in a pan over high heat. Add onions and cook until nicely brown.
• Add ¼ cup of Cabernet Sauvignon and salt and pepper to taste.
• Simmer on low for 5 minutes. Add 2 tspn. lemon juice and toss.
• Heat up a frying pan over medium-high heat. Melt 2 tbsp. of butter in pan.
• When melted, place room-temperature filet in pan for 2-4 minutes, checking often.
• Flip filet over and fry the other side to the desired doneness. (Tip: Do NOT stab or
cut your meat to flip or check doneness or else you will lose the delicious juice.
Instead, flip with a spatula and use a meat thermometer to check internal
temperature. 120–125°F for rare, 130–140°F for medium-rare, 140–150°F for
medium, 150–160°F for mediumwell, and 160°F+ for well-done.)
• When done, place meat in aluminum foil and let the juices collect.
• Add all meat juices back in the pan and at least 2 cups of Cabernet Sauvignon and
bring to a boil. When sauce is thick, turn off heat and drizzle over filets topped with
Serve filet mignon with a glass each of Concannon Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon and toast to good health, great food and wine and most importantly, family and friends!