“Summertime is always the best of what might be.” ― Charles Bowden
We’re kicking off the season of fun and sun with two new Facebook Apps for your enjoyment! Our Sunshine and Wine Music App features three Spotify playlists for your listening pleasure, expertly compiled by Huffington Post music and wine authority Tony Sachs. Spotify is a free music service that allows you to listen to songs, albums and soundtracks on demand and see what your friends are listening to.
Next up, find top tips for hosting the perfect barbecue and cook up some tasty recipes from our favorite bloggers on our Wine and Dine Barbecue App. Below is a sampling of what the App offers. Bring on the heat!
A special “thank you” to Chef Diane Henderiks for submitting several recipes that pair perfectly with our Concannon Conservancy Crimson & Clover wine.
Chef Diane Henderiks’ Basted Cedar Planked Salmon
1 untreated cedar plank (14x7x1 inch)
3/4 cup fig preserves
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon chili paste pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons of oil
1 salmon fillet – about 2 pounds
1. Place plank in water and weigh down with heavy object to keep under water. Soak at least 4 hours or overnight.
2. Combine next 7 ingredients (from fig preserves to black pepper) in bowl, whisk well.
3. Place fig mixture in small saucepan, bring to boil, whisk, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Brush top of cedar plank with oil, place fish on top and baste with mixture.
5. Place on preheated grill over medium heat, close the lid.
6. Grill about 10 minutes, baste again and grill 5-10 more minutes or until fish is light pink and flakes easily with a fork.
7. Drizzle remaining warm fig mixture on top of salmon.
We can’t wait to share more of these great summer recipes and fabulous music playlists with you in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!
Check out the summer apps here!